We're never too far from drama round these parts.
However as tall as the newly sported hair-do was, big brother Kyle had a brilliant idea. The two boys disappeared into the bathroom and 10 minutes later appeared again. Only THIS time, the lovely mo-hawk had been divided into stiff spikes the entire length of it. Like that of a dinosaurs back. "Hey, we're gonna go for a walk to the park" they said. My heart started racing! "Oh crap......please don't see anyone we know or go to the park near our house" I cried.
I looked at daddy and he smiled, as if he had just created the best thing since a Best Friend and Reese's Pieces. As they left I secretly hoped and prayed that sooner than later, the lost boy would come to his senses. (right after I smacked daddy)
That night Josh, Alex's good friend came to spend the night and hang out. The next day, a walk uptown was in order for the young boys, so off they went to the mall. I stayed at home and prayed that no one in my influential circle (ha ha) would see the mo-hawked fool and his blonde friend! After a few hours I called Josh's cell phone and insisted that I pick them up before they get arrested for that unsolved bank robbery. I could suddenly breathe a bit easier once I had the spikey tike within arms reach. WHEEW! The next day, they were off to Josh's house to hang out and once again I begged, "Please don't go out in public." Ha ha mom nice try, but THIS is too cool not to sport it around town. Dang those gray hairs on my head and the mustache I'm gettin......are earning their place!
Ah ha! To my surprise, as the boys returned home the following day, Alex was ready to shave it off! THIS MOM was asking noooooo questions!! As I rushed daddy into the bathroom before the experimental boy changed his mind, I felt much relief and blood flow returning to my heart! I might live longer after all! My heart can only take so much breakage and stress before I may croak like a frog! Maybe I'll live a bit longer now.
I did manage to "capture" the departure of the young Mohican fool's hair-don't!
Salon De Hunt

Daddy's faith didn't waver on the boy coming to his senses. Sometimes a dad just knows his boy!


2 comments:
Well, MY GOODNESS!!! I stopped by on a mere whim, and lo and behold you had posted another blog! I may say that it is a good one, too! I hope you will be able to post more.... I will be checking on you, girl!
Hey Stacie... I really miss your blogs. Are ya ever gonna blog again? I am sad to not know what's new in your life! Unless you have a new blog and I haven't seen it yet.....
Let me know, -k-?
Post a Comment