Friday, March 26, 2010

Here I go again!

I decided that today is the day that I will start exercising again! And I decided that if I do a blog entry about it and confess to the masses, that I will have to follow through and keep it up so I don't seem like a loser, a failure, a non committed type. lol

Here is my cute feet inside of my cute shoes.........

I go in spurts with this one. I get on a kick....usually because I get sick and tired of not looking the way I want to around the middle. (shopping for new cute outfits is the worst! I usually come home crying) When I implement exercise into my daily routine, this usually lasts around 3-4 months, then we take a trip up north to Grandma Hunt's. It's hard to resist her giant cinnamon rolls the size of a plate. Not to mention her pantry full of all things awesome that a 'regular' mom like me doesn't buy but maybe twice a year. Wow, it's like a rainbow of YUM at her house!

My bud Richard is always available on my shelf to assist me and boy do we have fun sweatin to the oldies. He don't judge me either! lol

But I have to say, I can't blame it entirely on grandma that I lose momentum. I usually get to a point where my "self cheering" (inner cheerleader) gets burned out and I lose momentum. Yeah I know, blame it on insecurity I suppose, but it sure is nice to have someone else cheer ya on and say to you "Stace', you're looking so fit. You look good!"

Many months ago I came across a product that I think is so great! It's recommended that we each incorporate GREEN into our daily diet. So nearly everyday I make a yummy fruit smoothie and add my newly discovered favorite greens that my kids also love and so we usually end up making 2 or 3 batches depending on who's around. That's ok, kids need greens too. Lately I've also been adding some Milled Golden Flax to our smoothies to get even more Fiber and those awesome Omega-3's that are so great for us. And we can't forget the Agave Nectar for sweetening.

So here they are, 2 of my favorite things that make it easier. (Goin to the grocery store to find kale, parsley and all the other things and hope that you use them up before they get all gooey in the fridge is a pain for me) I like things easy :o)


So here is the yummy smoothie made fresh at home. Although this one doesn't have "Greens To Go" in it, hence the non green tint. But it's yummy either way. Gee, we'd pay 6 bucks at the smoothie shop for this. And I'm frugal, so this is big for me! lol


Now what to do with those 3 boxes of Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix that we use to make cinnamon rolls like grandmas!! LOL

I can do it ... I can do it ... I can do it!

No comments: