Saturday, September 03, 2011

Demolition Derby

A few weeks ago we had a Girls Night Out and went to the Demolition Derby. There were 3 of us and it was a blast!

Here are most of the cars all lined up ....
Take your pick. Someone's gonna get smashed!!!

We were most impressed by the CHICK that dared take on the men folk!
This is what ya call "GIRL POWER"! You go girl!!!
We had a good chuckle.... her bein all dolled up in her make-up and earrings lol.


As usual I have my disclaimer... I'm not the best photographer and these pics I know don't capture the real essence of how awesome the Derby was but hey, I tried.
(Karen had better pics)
*Just a couple shots of the action*

This guy hit so hard and at such an angle that he hopped on top of the other poor sap.


Not everyone gets to actually DRIVE off the arena....this guy really ate it! Parts danglin and everything!


No County Fair is complete without a couple of jail birds from nearby, picking up everyones trash. Wonder if these two wanted to be THIS when they grew up? I have to admit...it pulled at my heart strings a bit to see these two displayed in such a manner.... I'm sure no mother wants to invision their kid with this kind of job :(


.....and the chick? Let's just say she didn't even last 5 minutes before she bit it!
darn those lipstick types......they NO make good poster women for Girl Power :((


Bye bye fair one.

During "half time" there was a contest to see who could MOO the most like a cow... at first we had no idea that Minnie Pearls offspring here was planning to participate in that. I just shot the pic cause, well, I thought it pretty classic. Well low and behold....on she came a walkin down the arena to give the "Cow Moo" her best shot. Now I'm not one to judge those who like to moo like cows but.......
seriously, cow caught in a picket fence in pain was ringin out of her voice box.

But she won the prize! 200 bucks I think it was. I do declare.... that contest was RIGGED!!!
(She was sure spunky, that's for sure. She wanted the radio DJ; the MC of the derby to put her money down her bra. Um, he declined. It's a good thing ... I only paid enough money to see a G-rated derby).

At the end of the night the fireworks were pretty good. We were impressed.



Someone else who shall remain nameless ...LISA... was having some sparks go off herself :)
We sat behind a real nice guy who we thought was married to the gal that he sat by and that her little boy was his too. Ha ha turns out that it was his sister in law and that was his nephew. He was single! Just like Lisa! We got the scoop on him.....he was a nice guy. They started talkin and before the night was over, he was a askin for her number... Aww young love lol.

I was sitting right behind him but bein the good friend that I am, I moved over so that she could sit right behind him. You're welcome Lisa :) lol

Ahhhh the *sparks* of love....

(after a get together after the derby & some good conversation back in St.George..the happy couple don't really hang out. But at least our friend has a good memory to remember about the night of the arena filled with dirt)

1 comment:

Clogged Carburetor said...

Girly, your writing skills are SUPERB! You find the right words to say things that just make them come alive in the mind of the reader...who needs pix with you at the keyboard? I especially LOVED your commentary "darn those lipstick types......they NO make good poster women for Girl Power :(( " LOL you are SO hilarious!

It looks like you had a blast at the Derby! And Lisa...WOW! Now there's a gal who doesn't waste time. That's great! ;)

As always, I loved your post, love your humor, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU!