This caused me to reflect on all the blessings in our lives over here. The blessing of having a good husband....and one with a job to boot. The blessing of good health. The blessing of having a nice clean home with food in the refrigerator and pantry. The blessing of good principles to help guide us. The blessing of good kids, although quite "normal" who have some basic values to implement. The blessing of valiant friends who encourage, accept and love me. And the blessing of having god given talents that I can help others and be a positive instrument for those who need it.
Today, the "intervention" continued with a trip across town to help make preparations for "treatment" mode. I feel completely spent!! And I reflect upon the harsh reality that we have to face in life when we allow things to control our actions. It's all very humbling and thank goodness that we can all repair our broken ways if we choose too!
I think that one way I can re-coop my mental exhaustion and feel cheery is to share some positives in our lives here at the den.
This is a skimboard that he rode at the river with he and his pals when it was warmer outside. He decided to turn that blah board into an awesome work of art. He got the idea for the picture from the CD jacket of one of his favorite bands.
This is a picture of the back.
We're very impressed with the finished project. Way to go son!
Next here's Toot and her sweet little princess dress that she puts on, on a daily basis.
You may remember in our previous blog where she sports mommy's high heels while wearing it and takes off on the scooter like she owns the neighborhood? Well these pictures were taken the same day just before she took off. She said to me, "Mommy, I have to put my make-up on first."
So she stood in front of the window and touched the glass pretending like she was getting make-up on her fingers. Then while looking at the window she would wipe her face as if she was applying the make-up. It was so hilarious!
WALA! The finished results.... and a VERY shy princess! lol
OK so tell me this!! Is a princess supposed to get into THIS freakin kind of mischief??
Now I don't know what anyone else's guess is here, but THIS looks like princess footprints to me!! GRRRRR!
So this is the story: One day, I checked the oil level in the van, discovered that it was low so I added more. With no funnel handy, I managed to spill a little until I got the oil jug lined up with the hole in which I was pouring it into. Kyle was waiting for me to pick him up. Big brother and the princess were both inside the house.....so I didn't worry about the small puddle of oil in the driveway because I figured that I would get it cleaned up when we got back home. Well I was as wrong as wrong could be ASSUMING that the princess would be securely locked inside under the watch of big brother. Maybe I should just fire that boy! When we arrived back home, we discovered a very oily gal who had removed her dress in order to flash the neighbors in her underwear while kneeling in the wonderful puddle of oil and using it as finger and foot paint! YOU GOTTA LOVE A CURIOUS 3 YEAR OLD RIGHT?
Here we have Dad and Alex polishing up the truck together and spending some quality time!

Cinderella thought that the sidewalk needed some polishing too. So While Dad and Alex talked together, she was hard at work.
This is Toot one day doing her ABC's on the computer. She is in deep concentration as usual.
Big Sis getting ready to plow through the neighborhood on her blades. She has no trouble stopping to strike a pose when necessary. lol

AND SHE'S OFF!
(By the way....landscaping rocks look better when they're raked smooth. Just pretend ya don't see that)
One day I heard some intense laughing coming from outside while I was in my bedroom.

I looked out and Kyle was playing "tag" with the girls. The pictures turned out terrible but as you can see, he was getting some good air while trying to tag them and they were LOVING IT!
We went to big sis's school for the "Rockin Redhawk Rally"
Alex made a go at the "Clothespin Drop"
Breakfast just isn't for big girls.
Toot was so cute this particular morning when she finished her cheerios. She would dip the little baby bottle into the left over milk and feed her baby.
Then she discovered big sisters' dollar.
She was SO EXCITED that she struck it rich.
But then she decided that honesty is the best policy....so she returned it to the purse. What a good girl eh?
How blessed we are to have moments worth capturing.
This is a picture of the back.We're very impressed with the finished project. Way to go son!
Next here's Toot and her sweet little princess dress that she puts on, on a daily basis.
You may remember in our previous blog where she sports mommy's high heels while wearing it and takes off on the scooter like she owns the neighborhood? Well these pictures were taken the same day just before she took off. She said to me, "Mommy, I have to put my make-up on first."
So she stood in front of the window and touched the glass pretending like she was getting make-up on her fingers. Then while looking at the window she would wipe her face as if she was applying the make-up. It was so hilarious!
WALA! The finished results.... and a VERY shy princess! lolOK so tell me this!! Is a princess supposed to get into THIS freakin kind of mischief??
Now I don't know what anyone else's guess is here, but THIS looks like princess footprints to me!! GRRRRR!So this is the story: One day, I checked the oil level in the van, discovered that it was low so I added more. With no funnel handy, I managed to spill a little until I got the oil jug lined up with the hole in which I was pouring it into. Kyle was waiting for me to pick him up. Big brother and the princess were both inside the house.....so I didn't worry about the small puddle of oil in the driveway because I figured that I would get it cleaned up when we got back home. Well I was as wrong as wrong could be ASSUMING that the princess would be securely locked inside under the watch of big brother. Maybe I should just fire that boy! When we arrived back home, we discovered a very oily gal who had removed her dress in order to flash the neighbors in her underwear while kneeling in the wonderful puddle of oil and using it as finger and foot paint! YOU GOTTA LOVE A CURIOUS 3 YEAR OLD RIGHT?
Here we have Dad and Alex polishing up the truck together and spending some quality time!

Cinderella thought that the sidewalk needed some polishing too. So While Dad and Alex talked together, she was hard at work.
This is Toot one day doing her ABC's on the computer. She is in deep concentration as usual.Big Sis getting ready to plow through the neighborhood on her blades. She has no trouble stopping to strike a pose when necessary. lol

AND SHE'S OFF!(By the way....landscaping rocks look better when they're raked smooth. Just pretend ya don't see that)
One day I heard some intense laughing coming from outside while I was in my bedroom.

I looked out and Kyle was playing "tag" with the girls. The pictures turned out terrible but as you can see, he was getting some good air while trying to tag them and they were LOVING IT!We went to big sis's school for the "Rockin Redhawk Rally"
Alex made a go at the "Clothespin Drop"Breakfast just isn't for big girls.
Toot was so cute this particular morning when she finished her cheerios. She would dip the little baby bottle into the left over milk and feed her baby.
Then she discovered big sisters' dollar.
She was SO EXCITED that she struck it rich.
But then she decided that honesty is the best policy....so she returned it to the purse. What a good girl eh?How blessed we are to have moments worth capturing.


2 comments:
Finally. I have been searching almost daily for your next blog
looks like things are going along swimmingly. I really enjoy your blog and look forward to new entries to read and catch up with ya.
I don't think I told you this, but JD and Katie are expecting! Hee hee... looks like July 4th is the due date. Katie is really excited... JD is scared.
but that is to be expected, right?
Post a Comment