Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Let's Meet Up At The Park

Ok finally I'm getting to another post. With School starting it has been one crazy day after another. Even though most of my days I've just sat home lonely, they've been fairly busy too. And you should see the boys room. Looks like the organizing fairy came. Oh wait! That was me! It's been awhile since one could walk in there and say "AAAAAH (sigh)" but I'll be darned......it's a miracle. Breathing room. Next it's my closet. But I've got to be juuust in the right mood. Oh man could I use someone with some skills in that area about now. Oh well, it's jump in with both feet or die right?
But first things first. It was time to take Grandma home after her week long visit. Well most of the way anyway. We decided that it would be fun to get together with the Palmer clan for a picnic. Then Lisa would take mom the rest of the way. I was much excited to see my brand new great niece of 1 week old too. So we met at the Park with all the fixins for some yummy eatin.

Here's Lisa holding little Chanley, Brent (sporting the distinquished gray sexy look), Lacey my niece (Chanley's mama) and Grandma. OH WAIT! There are two grandma's in this picture! Man is my sis gettin old! Well, she can have the job....after all, I'm still in my 20's. And once we convinced Lisa to look up and cooperate, she sure turned out a cute smile. And doesn't she make a cute grandma? This new baby makes #6. Wait....how old were you again sis????

Here's Haisley. My other cute niece and Lisa's youngest. She stayed with us for a day when grandma got here and we really enjoyed her. She can even beat me up. Ya don't want to mess with this girl. Don't let those skinny arms fool ya. This girl can hold off the chunkiest of gals. Let me tell ya!

And nothing spells adorable like a brand new baby! Isn't she beautiful?
It's hard to believe that Lacey is all grown up with kids of her own. Dang do I feel old. And dang do I wish that I was as skinny as she is right after having a baby.

Here's Lexie (also Lisa's) and the famous cameron! I was much excited to finally meet the boyfriend that I've been hearing about for months. With his quick wit, he fit right in. Isn't he cute with his little hat?

Then there's Dallin!!
AKA camera shy! And I must say quite skillful at hiding himself from the lense.










This nephew was having NO part in any kind of memory making photo. He's had some practice at this one. He seemed one step ahead of me on all counts. And juuust when I thought I had him nabbed...he managed to duck, turn, and hide at every effort I made to "capture" him in a moment of vulnerability.

I tried..............

and I tried.............

Our next move was obvious. We must take him by force! This was a dirty job but somebody had to do it!

At last..............

The moment of truth!

You can run but you can't hide forever little man!
Tee hee hee hee heeeee!!

It was great to see everyone. Let's do it again soon!

1 comment:

tinkadit said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!
Is that Lisa with a GRANDCHILD???? I nearly fell off my chair when I read that she has, what, SIX?? Did you really write SIX? cough, choke, (clearing my throat)...

She still looks the same as I remember, too! Wow! I am going to be sure to send the link to Mom so she can see "Granny"...hahaha...

Its great to see your Mom, too. Does she get to see y'all often? What is she up to lately? How many grandchildren does she have in total now??? I am really amazed at Lisa! sorry... I guess it's mostly in part because I didn't have any children and can't imagine even being called Mother let alone GRANDmother!

Well, now I guess I need to find a picture of a grandmother to put on my blog, huh!

Great job!