Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Wiggy Weekend

This weekend me and my girls took off to help my mom pack up her house so that she could move into her assisted living facility in Preston, Idaho. Us gals ........ Nephi, Utah ........ 4 days! It was lots of fun and busy all rolled into one!

Our long time childhood friend Stacey came to help us Friday night. (Good thing she's living 10 miles away while she helps her mom recover from surgery) First we all went to dinner and then it was work work work until around 2 am.

Of course we had to take time out to play with all of the cool stuff that mom has! Or should we say "had"? We left a MOUNTAIN of things that her friends will sell at the yard sale they have planned.

This shopping cart kicks any Kohls cart right outta the water!!

Big enough to hold a large child...with room to spare.

It can hide an even larger child among boxes!

My mother fought the deadly cancer Melanoma when I was a child. And she won! What a blessing that she's been in remission for years! Since my childhood in fact! Due to the cancer treatments and her Chemo therapy (is that supposed to be a compound word?) her hair has since been very thin and never did grow back and maintain normal hair status. In fact it's so thin that professionals refuse to give her perms! It's resulted in her having to wear wigs!

I was surprised at the variety of wigs that mom has stored. I always get a kick out of the humor she puts into the said wig experience! She'll look at a couple of them and say "Hmmm I think I'll go blonde today." (or) "Dark it is!"

As we sorted and packed her things this weekend, we came across one particular wig that she didn't care for nor has she ever worn before because she doesn't really like it. Of course we took every chance to try it on!! So I can't think of a better half time entertainment for a bunch of gals than that!! So without further adieu and in honor of the gal who likes to dress up as "Thelma" on Halloween ( yeah you know who you are, you goof) we give you a few special ladies below for your mid week enjoyment!

(my trusty cell phone cam came through for us, although I didn't take the time to perfect the settings)

Introducing...........

"Baylee Boop"







"Ima getchooooo"

"Sassy Stacey"







"Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful!"


"Lanie Lou"


and ...... "Spacey Stacie" lol

(doooon't say it or Ima getchooo, too)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sunday we went to my sister Lisa's for a barbecue. My niece Lexi's having a birthday!
It was a blast!! And sooo yummy! We played games and laughed and just had a great time hanging out with family!

Jessica & Jason, and Lexi


Grandma and Brailee



The kids all had fun on the trampoline


Alayna was happy to see some grass!

Lexi and Jessica ....Wind models!
(stole the title from my bro in law)


And of course a packing and moving adventure is never without some reminiscing!

Two years ago, we had a picnic in the park with my sis and her family in the very same town. How's that for irony??

I took along my very best friend in the world and she took this shot of a very rare moment of mom and daughters together. Of course we had no idea that she would frame it up and send it as a very sweet care package to my mother. It's proof of how sweet and kind and giving she really is!!

It's the picture of a picture.....we came across it as we were sorting and I had to take a few minutes to collect myself! I miss me fwend soo much!!

"A daughter is the happy memories of the past the joyful memories of the present, and the hope and promise of the future" 143

It was unbelievable the amount of perfumes and jewelery and make-up and "stuff" that grandma had! Baylee was in Heaven and made out like a bandit. Grandma let her choose whatever she wanted (with my approval of course) and she was way excited to get her very own make-up bag and fill it up with all things girly!


At every turn.....in every box.....in every drawer..... there were Pennies!
We started to find so many that we finally had to break out a few jars to fill. Grandma said that the girls could have all of them but my girls decided that they'd cash them in and see how many there were and then send the money to grandma! I was so proud of them and how sweet and unselfish they are!

I think it's unbelievable myself that one old lady could have SOOO many pennies laying around!! LOL

So off we went to the bank to cash em in....

For some reason (probably because we've never used the "Coin X Change" before) we thought that we'd be able to watch the money swirl around like in one of those cool gumball machines.

But, we just dumped em in .....

and watched the pile slowly get smaller and smaller


AT LAST ....... the total IS:

A whopping ..........

Fourteen ....... Seventy ....... One!!!!

(It may not be a hundred bucks but 1,471 pennies is a lot, right?!)

I think that the anticipation we experienced to get to this point was enough to kill a person. lol


It was a lot of fun! And aside from that I'm very proud of my girls for having had such a happy, giving, loving, helpful attitude! We had a great time!

We love you grandma!!

5 comments:

Cully said...

looks like you had fun!!! hope so. We had fun playing games with you... but there is one problem...can you take down the picture of me??? that is wrong in many ways... Im not impressed :/

Mindy Brown said...

This post was everyting I anticipated! I love the wig pictures!

The Hunts said...

lol Linking it up to FB may be the key to get visitors. No one visits anymore cause I betcha they lost faith that I'll blog again. Ya can't just blog for one person.....ya gotta try your hardest to move on! But, now that there are a following of my FB'ers, hey, I'm reconsidering. :o) ~bond unbreakable~

Vaughn Family said...

Hahaha.... too funny! It was nice to be there to help, and more fun taking the time to sit and reminise about your family and Idaho. I am definately NOT going to have short hair anytime in the near future, however! LOL
Thanx for letting me come and hang for awhile.. it was a blast! Tell Baylee and Alayna Hi for me! :O)

Sandy said...

Hey I visit! You just don't post that often. Love your stories. You are a very good writer. I love the wig pictures. Thanks for sharing a part of you with us! Love ya my friend.