We were at McDonalds today. In walk 3 sharp looking handsome suited up LDS missionaries. They all sat down with their Big Mac meals and I just KNEW that I wanted to buy their lunch for them. So I talked it over with the girls and sent Baylee to the register with a 20 dollar bill to have it changed in for four 5's. She came back with a 10 and two 5's "that's all they could do mom".
Dang I wanna give them each a 5. Oh and by the way if there woulda been only 2 of them, they woulda got a 10 spot (I'm not rich ya know, but I do what I can lol). So anyway on with the story.... I didn't have a third 5 dollar bill so I said to Baylee, "Hey, go up and ask the guy on the OTHER cash register". "Mom, they won't cause it was the manager that had to open the drawer." "OH man!! I said. Ok so let's figure this out". "OH I got it...go ask those grandpas over there if they have two 5's for a 10! Old men always have cash!" LOL Baylee says with a chuckle, "Mom, I am done doin your dirty work for ya, go ask for yourself". I looked at her trying not to crack up, "This is not dirty work girlfriend, this is the LORD's work!!!" ha ha haSo I finally got brave, I asked the two grandpa's. Dang, no 5's there either! I ask the guy in the booth behind us. Darn, no 5's there. We look over at the missionaries. They're almost done. I start to panic "Oh crap, what I gonna do??" I got it, I'll go up to the register myself and put on my best sexy eyes and ask for two 5's for a ten. After all I'm not that little blonde girl that went before me! I walk up and stand in line. Almost to the register, eyes aching from all that sexy eye practice LOL not really, that was for effect ha ha ha, it hits me! I have a FIVE in my purse that my friend just barely gave me before we left, to pick her up a burger on the way back. (I'm certain this transcends from yesterday when I got all ready for my workout then jumped in the shower instead...it's oldness popping up in me...focus Stacie focus girl!)
So I hurry back to the table to get in my purse. OH the joy, to look at those THREE beautiful green 5 dollar bills and know that in a matter of seconds, three poor missionaries are gonna be so happy lol!
If there is ever a place to hand out free money to someone it is in front of a garbage can right?? lol I caught them just in time. We had the small talk and I found out where they're from (the first question anyone ever asks, right?) And I put a 5 spot in each of their front suit pockets and said "We'd like to buy your lunch today...happy birthday fellas!" They all grinned..."Oh thank you so much, are you sure???? I chuckled! "Are you kidding me?? I said. We lived for this kind of stuff while on my mission lol!!"
Lunch money for tomorrow fellas....enjoy, on us!!
dedicated to my friend 143
No comments:
Post a Comment