Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by to check out our family's new blog.
Our family is in the process of moving so if this seems bah humbug and boring, just be patient because we can assure you that there's more to come in the near future.


Thankful for a Sunrise

With the coveted key in one hand and the expensive digital camera in the other, they approached the beautiful home's door anxious to enter in. Would this FINALLY be the home that they've been searching for? Anxious to unlock the door, Mother handed the camera to her son as to fully concentrate on the task at hand. As she inserted the key into the perfectly drilled keyhole, suddenly a noise from behind caught everyone's attention.

Seemingly the only thing to do was to stop dead in her tracks, turn around as to see what in the world could have made such a noise. Upon turning around, the shiny object on the courtyard tile below caught everyone's attention. "OOOH NO....THE CAMERA!!" In control at that moment in the game, she nervously picked the camera up as to see if it was badly damaged because of the loud impact in which it had made when hitting the ground.

As she studied it oooh so carefully, she learned that the optical zoom lense would not colapse back into the camera when it was turned off. Then she noticed that part of the lenses base had been chipped from the impact as well. This must have landed really hard when the son, who's expression, was like a veeery scared deer caught in headlights, dropped it. Wanting to conduct herself in a very "lady like" manner.....Mother gently stroked the sons hair as she assured him that it was clearly an accident and that she would just run right home and be able to afford another one.

Later at home, Father arrived after a long hot day of driving all over tarnation. As they discussed the days events, news of their damaged electronical friend had brought sadness to Father's ears. He examined it carefully and couldn't seem to revive it externally. Exhausted, he decided to conduct surgery using all the appropriate tools and a steady patient hand.

Upon learning that burial in a trash can was innevitable for the electronic friend, he excercised much control and headed for the warm shower that was calling his name. While in shock and confusion, the Son breathed a sigh of relief knowing that another sunrise would be in his future.

The End

And if you believe the part about Mother, then I'll sell ya my ocean front property in Southern Utah

This may be a PICTURE-LESS blog for a time.....hang in there.



8 comments:

Felisa said...

What a GREAT story!!! You TRULY, TRULY are a deeply, creative gal! You don't need a camera GF, your words create an image like paint on a canvas. But get a camera anyway. ;) Cause I miss seeing your face! Give that 'deer in the headlights' a hug from me, and make it count.
GOOD LUCK with your move, I'll keep prayin for ya. I wish I were there to help you load all 143 boxes! Keep us all updated k?
Lots 'O Love!

The Hunts said...

LOL Thanks for the comment. You know I had to sit here and smoke my ears thinking happy thoughts as I relived the death of my camera ya know?? And YES, I wish you were here too, helping me load all 143 boxes. Only I think it may be more like 2..2..243 yikes!! AND a big ol slice of watermelon would be a maaavelous treat to have during my break. IF I manage to get one. I'm beginning to wonder! When life slows down, I'll update ya! OH WAIT..then school starts! Oh dear, I may die soon. lol
Back Atcha my friend!
Stace

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Felisa said...

Hey Lion Queen,
Is your blog getting spammed?
Or do you KNOW who is posting the anonymous entries with links on them?
If not, there is probably a setting in your setup that will help to prevent that from happening.

I did some house organizing today and found my one of my journals from back in the day. And an entry I wrote on February 2, 1998. I gotta read it to you sometime. It's at least 143 words long.
Lots of Love

The Hunts said...

I was thinking the same thing about the spam actually!! Hey and funny thing is....I HATE SPAM!!! I'll find those settings and if I don't well.....I got connections that I'll connect with at some point ;)

Anonymous said...

Here are some latest links to sites where I found some information: http://neveo.info/476.html or http://google-index.info/199.html

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»