* 1 piece of lunch meat * 2 pickles
* 2 apples
* 1 bottle of water
* 2 pieces of dry macaroni
* 10 grapes
* 1 cracker
Does this sound like a nutritious 'runaway' diet??
Baylee sure thought so. While mom and dad were away at the store together, big brother was in charge of holding down the fort. Of course, loving the fact that he's in charge, he tends to let it go to his head and goes a little overboard. While Baylee enjoyed the company of her little friend and sister when mom and dad were gone, brother wasn't too happy with the playful noise that was happening around him. Playing dictator, he sent Baylee to her room, but not without hitting her in the head with a nerf football first. Once the sting wore off, Baylee called up daddy and informed him that she was running away. She had her backpack all loaded up with the above snacks, a small sleeping bag and flipflops. Daddy convinced her to wait until he got home, so that mom and dad could give her a big hug before she began her trek.
While pulling up into the garage mom and dad noticed her purple backpack resting on a scooter. This must have been her quick getaway vehicle after the hugs were exchanged. When they walked into the house she said, "Now you can just blame Kyle for me running away." Daddy informed her that he loved her too much for her to leave him and that he would be lonely without her.
As they unloaded the groceries she kept saying that she just needed to do "one more thing", and " one more thing" etc., before she would leave. Everyone began to wonder if she really wanted to leave at this point. She kept asking mom, "What else should I take mom?" All mom could do was see herself underneath beautiful palm trees with a giant Virgin Strawberry Daquiri! BOY, did the thought of THAT make mom smile! If mom could only take someone very special and stay for at least 243 days...she'd be in heaven!!! Hardly being able to sustain herself, she smiled large and said, "ME....TAKE ME!!"
As the moments passed, Baylee would ask if there was anyone who wanted her to stay. Maybe she began to wonder if her chosen snacks would last more than an hour. Finally the moment arrived. She made the rounds and collected all her hugs and off she went! Mom went to the front window and watched her as she sat on the front sidewalk and looked through her wallet. Was this to make sure she had enough money for her and the kidnapper? Soon she looked back at the house to see if anyone gave a darn. She noticed mom watching her out of the window and she began to smile. Realizing that she was smiling, she (la la la) quickly turned it upside down and changed it to a frown. (la la la)
It was only a matter of time before she returned, speaking those familiar words....."What's for dinner!?"
Perhaps home isn't so bad after all.
4 comments:
Great story. Brings back memories of myself trying to make that SAAAAME type of getaway years ago. Pretty sure I took the mattress off my bed too. lol
I'm glad Bay decided to stick around a little longer. We would sure miss her!
Plus, we're gonna need a babysitter when we head for Palm Island, no?
<3 h&k <3
lol Your mattress? You WERE serious then I guess eh? Well, give her time, she's not a teenager yet. lol
Yea, I will solicit her at SOME point to babysit. Hopefully I can hold out for QUITE A WHILE ////so that I can give her a chance to grow? I'll have plenty to do in the meantime for sure. I'll be ready to party soon enuf. I wouldn't need Palms necessarily. A quiet place to reflect sounds soothing to me. Wanna come?
Hey, I appreciate your comments. I swear you're the only one that see's this. It's good to know that you still have empathy for me and my 143 boxes. Wish me luck my friend.
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»
Post a Comment