Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lucky Children

As Mother was organizing and packing the contents of her bedroom for the big move in the near future, she felt a little flustered as she heard the children in the distant room, arguing over who gets the last pancake covered with the creamy peanut butter and the richly flavored maple syrup. She continued on with her mind engulfed in all the packing and sorting and organizing that she needed to accomplish.
It seemed inevitable that the children would continue to have a morning of complaints and chaos. She decided to ignore them and go about her daily tasks at hand. Still being caught up with thoughts of the many tasks that needed to get accomplished, she pushed the clothes over that were hanging on Father's side of the closet. She saw the camoflauge patterned arrows that Father used to hunt with when time was available. Upon moving the arrows, the brightly florescent quivers which were firmly nestled in the grooves of each individual arrow caught her eye. She began to examine each one thinking how fun it would be to release arrows into the behinds of 3 chaotic psycho children. After thinking about it for a minute, she decided to wait and see if the chaos would subside in the near future. Continuing on with packing and labeling boxes, she noticed that the chaos did subside and that the children soon began their chores and obeyed her admonition to .... DO or DIE! "Oh but wait! mother thought, It would be so fun to see those arrows soar through the air on their way to a hiney."

Realizing that the sport she desperately wanted to try out ,would not be played today, she continued on to accomplish TWO ROOMS DOWN ........ and 6 more to go. OH, Mother is tired!

4 comments:

Felisa said...

YOU HAVE MISSED YOUR CALLING IN LIFE!!!
Why the heck do you NOT write books girl? Your BLOGS are HONESTLY the most interesting I EVER read. That story about the arrows....I laughed my hiney off. You are sooo freaking funny.
I've been reading my journals to my hubby all nite and I just came in here to enter some quicken, then I'm off to bed. SOrry about the >>>>> puuuleeeze don't b nervous! I've been thinkin about u tonz 2day. MUCH ADMIRATION!!! It's ALL GOOD!
LOVE YA A TON AND A HALF!!!

The Hunts said...

LOL I just re-read that story.
I AM pretty funny huh?? LOL
Well, since my time is freed up :( lately, what else am I gonna do?

As many times as I thought about the 143 boxes today...that alone zapped some energy out of me...big time! I will probably survive though. I just gotta ask for help huh? As I keep getting help..I might accomplish my goal! wheew

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»