January 13, 1996 - February 1, 1998Yesterday the 13th came and went like all days do........swiftly! I thought about McKenzie alot and I wonder what she'd be like. She'd be 11 now and with a mind of her own for sure if she's like the rest of our clan! Would she possess a quality from each of us? Or have a special package aaaaall her own? The day she died threw us all for a loop and was a life changing event for me! I've shared my thoughts before with some, but others have no clue. The very thought that Heavenly Father would place this beautiful angel in our arms and then just 2 short years later, take her back was very thought provoking & frustrating. I found myself asking the question, "Who are you, to do this to us? To let us have our hearts sooo full of love for our child and then take her from us so quickly?"
It was such a sad day for me as her mother, and as the days passed and I spent time on my knees trying to receive the answers and the comfort that would help me to survive such a heartbreak, I felt such strength and comfort and love! Comfort and strength coupled with sorrow! Is there such a thing? Absolutely! I felt enormous love from Heavenly Father and it gave me more confidence in myself than ever before in my life. That he really has such high faith in me! Mortal me with all my shortcomings and weaknesses. Wow! He gave us one of the ultimate tests on earth. He entrusted us with this beautiful valiant spirit and knew that it was US who had the strength and faith to learn and grow from such a test. How blessed we were to have her valiant spirit placed in our arms to care for and nurture, during her short time on earth.
The years have come and gone, but the sweet memories of our little girl remain in our hearts, and as we strive to build and strengthen the bridges within our family, may we prove to be worthy of holding her once again.
Happy Birthday Sweet Angel!
"Nothing penetrates the human heart as does a personal, fervent prayer and its heaven-sent response. "
3 comments:
Can I just say thank you for sharing such a thought-provoking blog? I have often wondered myself "why?".... why is it that there are people out there willing to give up such a gracious gift from our Heavenly Father just because it is "inconvienent" or "unwanted". or just because it is their body, and they can do whatever they "choose" to do, when my heart was breaking inside because I was unable to bear children?
I now realize that my Father in Heaven knows what is in store for me, and that I have to trust in Him.
Although it still hurts, I am able to continue on, and some days are harder than others, but there is still a plan for me.
I know you realize what a gift you have in McKenzie and that she is preparing you and your family to return to her and our Father in Heaven. What a special gift that is!
Happy Birthday, McKenzie!
You are a strong person. I still have deep sorrow for your loss and remember it like it was yesterday. But I too would like to wish McKenzie a happy birthday.
I can still remember it like it was yesterday and how the years have come and gone, and when I go up to her grave site and see it covered with a beatiful soft white blanket of snow that Heavenly Father has wrapped around her to shelter and feed her beautiful green blanket for the spring what a beautiful site I have been so busy at the store I haven't bought anything for her shephards crook but while I am in Reno will find just the right gift and like always I am always late HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY McKENZIE we love you Grandma & Grandpa Hunt
Post a Comment