While the older kids have been at school, we've been spending some time with our best friends doing lots of fun stuff around here. A couple of days ago we went to the dinosaur museum and learned some fascinating details about the dinosaurs that used to roam in our own backyard. Well, I was fascinated at least. This is me with Lane, Miranda, and Jake stopping for a pose mid-tour.
This is Miranda. She's touching a fossilized dino track. Cool!
Here they are doing some after-tour art. I think the kids liked this part best. This is my sweet dearest friend. We actually met while I was on my mission back in 1992. We became close friends while she helped me with "splits" often! A true friendship never dies and I'm so thankful. She's a great example of what forgiveness and love is all about. Sometimes the school of hard knocks pays off to make one rise high and charge through life holding your head up high. I just love her to death!ALSO.......
We decided to take the kids to our "Cotton Days" celebration. We learned about the life of our early pioneers. In this photo, this cute little lady was showing the kids how children in the "old days" learned the alphabet. It was cute, they were listening very intently.
Here you see an oooold curling iron. They would light a candle under the tip and that is how it was heated. (This type i'm sure, belonged to the rich girls).
Trying to rob the stage coach.
This ole guy was spinning wool and cotton into yarn. First he showed the kids how to "CARD" the wool. And a couple of times, he carded his beard in the process.
The old fashion style water pump felt soo good on a hot day.Nothing beats the time spent with wonderful friends!
2 comments:
AAAAAHHH the fun things to do that you never knew existed so close to home! I'm speechless with all the compliments. What can I say but 'Thank Ya!' and "Right back at ya GF!"
If I remember right, that last pic of Lane pointing her finger at the spinning wheel man went something like this..."Hey old man...You look like Santa!!!"
One of these days SOON we need to leave the kiddo's with the hubbys and hook up with your neighborhood gf's and go raise some ruckus. Or at least get a slushie and drag the Vard. ;)
TTYS
Love ya like a beard full O' cotton!
What fun! The guy spinning his beard reminded me of my Dad.... the way he USED to be ! You won't believe it when I tell ya, but my dear ol' dad is down to 209 lbs! yes, you read that right! He has been on a diet since last October, and has lost alot of weight! No more Santa appearances for him!
You look great, Stace... darling family, too!
Post a Comment