Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Magnificent Grand Canyon!

This weekend we decided to take a little road trip to the beautiful Grand Canyon. We packed some sandwiches, fruit and snacks and headed for the 'North Rim'.

There's not much to tell other than how awesome and peaceful it was to be surrounded by such magnificent beauty! The only thing that would have made it better was to enjoy it with some close friends!

I'll just post a few pictures for you to enjoy. We don't want ya to get picture burn out so I'll spare ya the other 99.

(Please feel free to 'left' click on any of the pictures to see an even better close up awesome colorful view)







Behind us in this picture was a ledge not too far off. As you can tell from the background, a slip of the ol' shoe would have proved fatal. Although if I were to die this way, it's much more beautiful than a twin size bed in a nursing home. lol



This is one of my fav's.







Here are the kids taking a little rest during one of our uphill treks to reach another 'look-out'.
(You may notice that Kyle's missing. He opted to stay home and spend the day jet skiing with a friends' family.)
















Back at the Lodge, we enjoyed sitting outside resting after "phase one" of our sight seeing adventure.



Once we took off in the van to enter "phase 2", we spotted these folks getting back from an all day Donkey tour to the bottom of the canyon.

At $125 per mule from 7am-4pm I hope it was worth the hiney achin!


This Country Store buried in the Kaibab National Forest made me feel very sentimental for some reason.

Seeing this old timer visiting with these people seemed so fitting for such a place.


Our drive through the Kaibab National Forest was very pleasant and peaceful.


A little Fact: "Arizona Highway 67 from Jacob Lake to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon has been described as 'the most pleasant 44 miles in America.' It flows through beautiful alpine scenery including a vast forest of pine, fir, and aspen interspersed with lush meadows."


There was such a serene feeling and sense of appreciation being able to enjoy all the beauty that Heavenly Father has created.

1 comment:

tinkadit said...

...........and you think you miss Georgia ????

I think I could've seen the "other 99" pictures and still would have been longing for more!
Now I have to find another place to go and take pics to try and top this adventure you just shared!
Great job, Stace..