Friday, November 03, 2006

Being Sisters Is Bubbly Bliss!

For the last 2 days, big sis has been home from school with a little bug. When she felt better enough to be able to function without throwing up, the girls wanted to take a bath in mom's tub. I approved, thinking that it might be a nice and relaxing thing after being so miserable. She filled up the tub with water and they got in it while I continued to do my thing around here. A few minutes later I heard their laughter and splashing so I figured that it would be a good time to go check on them. When I got in there, Toot had gotten the container of soft soap from off my sink and had squirted probly half the darn bottle in the tub. And of course once you turn on those jets......it's a blissful ride after that. They had so much fun makin their santa beards and splashing around in there. I even got a little jealous because there is nothing a busy stressed mom needs more than a niiice bubble bath!


The down side of the day:

We all know that HORRIBLE feeling when we're sick to our stomachs and we're throwing up all day and having "the revenge". It was not a fun time for poor sis. Toot was so sweet to watch. She was such a good little sister and a great helper, making sure that the bowl was in close range and just comforting her big sister. I'm sure you'll agree that it's a good thing the bowl was empty at this point. SOME things, you just shouldn't blog!


Even though she still didn't feel all that wonderful when "The Big Comfy Couch" came on, she couldn't pass up the chance to watch it with Toot.


She wanted to come and sit with me for a while, as I plunked away at the computer. And staying true to form.....there was Toot being her little loving self. What a little mommy in training!


Toot escaped from the house in her little tinkerbell dress and mom's high heels . She raids my closet daily and clomps around in the house and outside. She's mastered the scooter and fly's on that puppy like there's no tomorrow. It's not a big deal in itself but in order to slow down, she has to drag a foot and MY high heels really take a beating. I was trying to get her to stop so that I could save my poor shoes but she wasn't cooperating.


Here's a picture that we took a couple of weeks ago on one of our evening strolls.
There is NOTHING in the world like having a best friend!!
/////////
I think that being sisters is truly bubbly bliss!



And finally a quote that I thought was so fitting:

"Almost every day brings opportunities to perform unselfish acts for others. Such acts are unlimited and can be as simple as a kind word, a helping hand, or a gracious smile. "

—President James E. Faust

No comments: