Friday, November 10, 2006

Can Anyone Think Of A Catchy Title For THIS Blog? I'm taking all suggestions!

Yesterday began early with mom arriving at the dentist by 7:00 am to fix a looooong overdue dental problem.
Once he took a look at me, it was CLEAR that my visit wouldn't be a short one.

He smiled, put on his mask, took a big SIGH and said, "Sit back and relax....I'M GOIN IN!!"

AFTER 5 GRUELING HOURS...................


just kidding!

It was only a cavity that I've been sporting for 6 months. It turned out to be good news (SO FAR) because I expected to pay around $700 - $1,200 in a NO EXCEPTION 90 day grace period and left with a "Quicken" update of only $65!! Can we say........WHEEEEEEEEW!!? Now this may turn into an in-lay (Stacey, you follow this...right?) or a root canal later but for now, a "filling" will suffice. Believe me, I'm praying that the BUCK stops here! My exam in January will determine that.


No sooner had I arrived back home to take big brother to school when he showed me his huge right thumb in comparison to the left. The night before...at a friends house he managed to tweek it big time while jumping on the bed and landing all contorted :(

And so OFF we went to the Instacare to see how much more green stuff we'll have to fork out.

According to the doc and the X-ray, it's broken right on the growth plate. And expected to take 1-2 weeks to heal.

As we waited, Toot managed to entertain herself with that always irresistable stool that they forbid your children to play on.

(There was actually a sign about keeping your children off of the stool but I didn't think to take a picture of it. In my own defense, I didn't see it while my child was racing on the stool). Big bro pointed it out when we left.

The little ones always love to climb up on the hot seat until it's them who gets to wrestle the doc. Then you have to tie them down to get them to stay.

I was exhausted from my traumatic dental visit...still sporting my nappy unfixed hair as I waited for the routine to end.

Then it was time to put on the splint.

Hey, she stole daddy's shirt!!


LATER at home:

We broke out with "Boggle Jr" and Toot practiced spelling some 3 letter words.


Then mom did some house maintenance. Toot is always anxious to help out. She put on those huge rubber gloves and was anxious to get the mopping done. I wasn't quite finished sweeping but she didn't care.
(Notice the multiple times she changes her clothes. This is a daily occurence.)

********************


And finally I couldn't resist showing this picture of Dan & Delee. Delee sent it to me from her camera email. Not in time for my Halloween post but nevertheless, I can't pass up showing it. I think they are the sexiest granny and grampy EVER!!

Uuuh Dan? I think you're about to drool there! lololol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like Kyle is following in his dads footsteps at the Dr. office