Monday, November 13, 2006

If That Knife Didn't Get Me, Those Planes Surely Would

On Friday night I was invited to a friends house for a Pampered Chef party. It was SOO FUN! And a much needed getaway...believe me!

The gal shown here was so fun. I managed to get this picture of her at her most goofy demonstration moment.

It is soo tempting at these parties to spend oodles of money because their cookware is so awesome, but I was very proud of myself when I stayed strong and only bought one (1) thing. Well, AND a cookbook for a buck!



Here's a picture of me with some of the gals from my ward pigging out on the yummy salad that was demonstrated. We also had homemade croutons and 2 step fudge to eat. Yum Yum!!


Although I could have and wanted to stay out and party for HOURS longer than what I actually did, it was still tons of fun.




K so that was Friday's excitement!


THEN....on Saturday:

Our family took a little road trip to Las Vegas. As it was Veterans Day our destination was Nellis Air Force Base for the Aviation Nation Air Show and Open House. Although we didn't get up at the crack of dawn like dad wanted to so that we could arrive at our destination by 8am when all the fun began, we still managed to get on our way. The ride was kinda fun once we filled er up with gas, bought some snacks and loaded in the coolant so that the heater would work. It was a CHILLY day!

Here's dad accomodating the psycho camera lady as he drives. "Wave to all our peeps dear!"


Finally we arrived at our parking location at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

We stood in this eternal line so that we could board a bus to get us to the Air Force Base. Surely it should have moved more quickly than it did. We even went back to the car a couple of times to get more coats and blankets for the kids.

Once we got up close, we realized why the line was slooower than it could have been. SECURITY!! We had to unload the backpack and have all of our personals checked for bombs. I for one am grateful for increased security lately. Even if it takes a little longer.

Finally we got to board the bus!

Here's a view of the line AFTER us. I can't believe we made it through that mess! Wheew!

Big sis and little sis were happy to be on the bus. Check out the hair. It's proof that the wind did a number on us in that line. I wondered why I even bothered to fix mine, as it got blown to shreds too.

Finally..........
We arrived on Nellis Air Force Base to enjoy the Veterans Day celebration and Air Show.

I think that in my old age I'm becoming very patriotic, and seeing these flags blowing in the wind made me feel so proud to be an American.

Boy don't we look excited? lol I think we were so tired of standing in line that the thought of smiling at this point was long gone. Plus..it's the only pic daddy took of us so it's all I've got to show ya. HAIRCUTS......CLEARLY are in the near future!! I tried to convince dad to get in this picture and have a stranger take it but he didn't want to bother.

As we walked around looking at the different aircraft, I had to get a picture of these two impressive men walking around the base.

So at this point, we've reached the part in the blog where we show you pictures of the AWESOME air show that we enjoyed. But of course, because me and all of mine aren't that great of photographers, the pictures DO NOT do it justice!! Whatsoever! BUT, we'll still show you a couple. We took turns trying to capture the aircraft while in motion. Half the time, we couldn't line up the camera with the planes because they were going to fast. We tried to get as many good photos as we could but you'll just have to use your imagination. Where is my photographer friend when I need her? Oh man!!

This is about the best one we have. Little bro took this. It looks good but one plane obviously didn't get in the picture. Sorry....we tried!

When the air show was over we walked around some more.

We had to get a picture of this to show the magnificence of that aircraft. The kids look like ants compared to it.

They tried with all their might to lift this one up! No luck.

Wow! At the risk of sounding like a kindergartener, let me just say that I'm amazed at how something so HUGE and heavy can stay up in the air. LOL

I just thought that this was a cool picture with the cloudy sky as it began to get dark.

And....Just for fun

I could not resist snapping this one. So the curiousity is killing me over here! Please post your comment and tell me if you feel this is a fashion DO or a fashion DON'T.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

by all means that is a fashion statement but I would rather wear my spongbobs they are in fashion alot more hahahaha!!!!!
great pictures looks like you guys had a great day

Anonymous said...

Are you coming home for Turkey day?????

The Hunts said...

well we hadn't planned on it. don't think we are this year. all the extra moolah saved from gas will sure help in the christmas shopping that mom HASNT EVEN BEGUN YET AT ALL!YIKES!!
We love you guys. thanks for the comment. it makes it funner

tinkadit said...

sounds like y'all had a nice time. I really loved the outfit that lady was wearin'.... who says fashion is behind the times out there? I bet no one in the A-T-L has an outfit like that!!!