Monday, February 12, 2007

The Things Millionaires Take For Granted

Well that didn't take long!! We're feeling the blessings!

Ok so I'm gonna tell ya about my car finding experience. I entered this task with a lot of prayer and humility, as I wanted to avoid creating a financial bind. I spent quite a bit of time on the computer, searching the internet & reading the local classifieds for a vehicle that would suit our family's needs. Then I prayed some more! I made many calls and inquiries and took lots of notes. It didn't take me long once I hit the road and met with dealers before my instincts told me which dealer is a straight shooter.

Hence.....the new van!
1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. I felt good about this one. Our mechanic took it for a drive, gave it a thorough check and gave it a "thumbs up". Back to the dealership we went and WALA. Done deal! A few days of footwork, faith and prayers and this deal fell right into place. It's amazing what a gal can do when the husband's off in driving land! Just call me Queen. LOL And my goal that I talked about on not having payments?? Well..........I did not create an additional bill for my budget. However, I did get a small loan from the bank, not to exceed money's that I already have, in which I can draw out from each month to pay back the loan. This helps in the "credit" department. YAY! Wheew! And as Grandpa Hunt always says..... "I love it when a plan comes together!"



It didn't stop there!!

Once we finished sealing the deal. Ken, the salesman grabbed a pile of sealed envelopes and fanned them out in his hands. It was then my opportunity to choose one in which to open. I aaaalmost grabbed from the center, then decided that one closer to the end would be my pick. I grabbed it, anxious to see what was inside. Slooowly, a little nervous, I opened it up. "What could be in this thing?" I thought as I opened it. It was a piece of paper. I could see through the thin-ness that it contained some writing. Now I was really curious! I opened it. I read it. "NO WAY", I said.

NOW I knew what that big stack of goodies in the foyer was about. They were prizes. For all of us new car owners. You'll never guess what my piece of paper said. It's juuuust so interesting how things work out sometimes. I guess it's safe to say that life isn't always a total bummer!

If you've been a faithful viewer of this blog...........you're in the loop. Congratulations. And you know that I'm camera-less AGAIN.

My piece of paper??


Read...............


"DIGITAL CAMERA"

lol Hells bells Nells!! WOOOO HOOOO!! I'm thinking that life is a little sweeter today than I planned. For 2 days prior, I was in a bidding war on ebay as I was trying to replace our deceased new camera. The bidding ended that same night and I was all fired up ready to make my final bold move and hit that bid button at the very last second! I was determined to win that sucker. No need now. And can I just say, "YEE HAW?!" I guess this makes for a happy scenario all the way around.

Frugal me saves money!

You get pictures!

Life is grand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I like the car you done real good. I am proud of you Stacie you did a great job

tinkadit said...

that is a nice van.... wanna come and help me get my next vehicle? I have over 200,000 miles on my Pathfinder now, and it's time to begin looking for something new! Good job!

.......and what in the world happened to your camera???

Anonymous said...

Nice looking van Stacie. I'm thinking red must be your favorite color

The Hunts said...

LOL Not necessarily but it just happened to work out that way. This van has some AWESOME features. And I thought I was in heaven the LAST time cause I got AC and cupholders. lol That was NUTTIN baba!!! I get excited about the simple pleasures in life.