Sunday, March 18, 2007

Food And Friends..........Live, Love, Laugh!

Although I personally didn't take pictures of Friday's Olive Garden outing with my friend Susie from my neighborhood, I thought that I'd "google" up an image of the famous eatery. So here you have it. Sometimes ya gotta improvise when you forget your camera.

Susie's birthday was on the 11th of this month. I made her a giant chocolate chip cookie and a birthday crown to wear to set her apart from the normal people on her special day. Dorky me didn't get a picture of that either.

I asked her what else she wanted for her birthday and she was most excited to try the new Olive Garden that was just barely built here. Yay! As I love the place too, I was much agreeable to the suggestion. So finally on Friday afternoon......away we went. It was yummy!



Friday night my masculine little son showed up at home with this lovely makeover. lol

Some of his friends which happen to be girls, had a party and a sleep-over but they invited a bunch of boys to join in on the festivities until they kicked em all out at 10:00 pm.

While there, apparently Al was a good sport and let the girls put their future cosmotology skills to work. lol I find this sooo dang funny considering if you touch his hair and make it go out of place at all.....he freaks!! Oooh to be 12 again!


On Saturday we attended Baylee's soccer game. This is her first year of playing and she seems to be enjoying it. Most of the time she's pretty aggressive. As you can see she's giving it all her might here.


Here she is striking a pose during the coach's pep talk.


***********************************

This morning Kyle had a little trouble getting out of bed so dad and Al decided to make it a little easier! You don't see Kyle's face too well in the picture but he IS screaming for his mommy to save him. lolol


Our friends invited us to a little dutch oven cook-out at the rock climbing park near our house today. Their son Jordon recieved the Priesthood today so they invited us along to celebrate.


This is my friend Adina. She is such a cool fun outgoing upbeat gal. Let me tell ya, there is never a dull moment when she's around.

(The picture's a little dark but they all can't be perfect when I'm behind the camera)
Adina and I met at church. It was pretty neat how our friendship began. A few weeks ago when she and her family started coming to church again I spotted her in Relief Society and
had never noticed her before. So I decided to go sit by her and welcome her and introduce myself. As we all probably know.....feeling comfortable in your own ward makes a MOUNTAIN of difference. We hit it off immediately and so did our husbands. Since then it's all been so fun getting to know them. We sure can chew the fat like no other. She actually thanked me tonight for sitting by her and talking to her at church that day. I sure appreciated the compliment but I have to chuckle a little bit cause when it all comes down to the wire, I don't need thanks. I just feel like "It's my job!" lol. Plus, I can always use a new friend. Her husband Jerid can cook up a mean dutch oven potato. Yum!


While us adults were chatting up a storm, the little girls were fascinated with all the little fishy's at the stream. They were catching as many as their cups would hold. They were so cute as they kept running back to us and showing us each time they would catch another one.





























The cute gal in the middle is Kala, Adina's daughter.


Now here's a proud fishergirl!
Bay was SOOO excited to show off her 11 fishy's!!


And a final thought to ponder:

“Don't try to be like me. Try to be like yourself. Try to be very good at being yourself.” - Josh Groban

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Savannah was wondering just how Alex got his hair to look soo hot!
She may try that one for school this week! HEHEHEHEHE

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex love the hair, make up was cute to but the hair man sexy wow wow. What beautiful parks you guys have. Keep having fun ok kids. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey Bailee
If you wait a little longer until the fish get a little bigger we can have a cook out. Keep up the good work with socker it looks like you are really enjoying it.
Love Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle
What was Alex and your Dad doing?

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun with you guys. It's nice to know there are some friends out there that our whole family can just be "us" around and the friends still stay.lol Honestly though the Hunt family rocks. Jensens