Sunday, October 29, 2006

Alex's Birthday Weekend.......Part II /Grandpa & Grandma's trip down south

As last weekend continued Grandma and Grandpa showed up around midnight on Friday. I know that it's Alex's birthday and all but he decided to hit the hay. The girls were still up waiting anxiously and Soo excited to see them. We were waiting for Leo to arrive from Albuquerque. Once Toot fell asleep Baylee was doing her best to tease grandpa with her hundred dollar bills that she earned shoveling pits at the prison yard.

"Grab it if you can old man!"


Is it possible that this may have been more fun for grandpa than the 6 hour drive with grandma?


"Now let's talk about this for a minute little girl."


"Okay, let me just talk to grandma for a minute and then I'll be ready." (tee hee hee)


"AAAAH HA...nice try! What now SUCKAAAA!!"


"Ha Ha.....WHO'S the SUCKA noooooow little lady?!!"


Ya gotta love a grandpa who's not afraid to act like he's mentally challenged!
(left click on the picture and you may find yourself asking the same question that I did.."Grandpa is that spaghetti sauce on your chin?")


Is a mother's life so hectic that she doesn't notice the smudges on the microwave until she sees it in a photo?

Then along came daddy! Hungry as a lion (no pun intended).

A couple of leftover tacos should tide him over until morning.

"I had to take the watchamajigit to the hoo hoo highway and around the zinger to the do dah and then back to the woo hoo."

And ya gotta love a grandma who's not afraid to sport bright flourescent Sponge Bob Pajama's. I think it may be safe to say that we have the HIPPEST grandparents ever!!

***************


On Saturday we headed for the park with our grub.

Sorry you dont' get to witness the brownies and ice cream that we made after we got home. Mom kinda forgot to take pictures of that part. Maybe that's ok because we totally spaced putting on the candles and singing anyway. Shouldn't a boy's 12th birthday be worth singing about?






The girls had fun just hangin in the playground.

I'm convinced that a playground is the best activity to tire out little children. And way more affordable than Niquil.









What would a monkey be without something to climb on? And I must say that this is the cutest monkey that I've ever seen.








Toot insisted on going down head first but soon gave up after biffing it one too many times once she reached the bottom.






Toot was so fun. She would peek through the tube really quickly and then try to hide before I could take her picture. But I still managed to get some cute ones. YOU CAN RUN...BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE...FOR I AM THE CAMERA LADY. HA HA HA HA HA!
And by the way, I'll challenge anyone to a cutest kid dual!

Meanwhile: Grandpa, Daddy and the boys were throwing around the balls.


Big sis wanted to get in on the action too so she and daddy threw it around for awhile. She actually did really well and had a blast.


I thought this was so cute. When it was time to go, big sis was so helpful as she stood to make sure that Toot wouldn't fall as she got her shoes on.

LATER....BACK AT THE DEN:

We cranked up the music! Grandpa and Toot entertained us with their dancing. It doesn't bother grandpa to show his "hip" side. It's like they always say. "If ya got it, flaunt it!"
I think that this "old man" could take down Fred Astair!

Julliard here I come!


While the boys were out jumping on the trampoline, big sis broke out with some paper and drew some pictures for grandma.


Lanie also rehearsed her shapes to grandma, then began to trace around them. And staying true to form, she's perfecting the finishing touches on her work.

***************

Sunday came quickly and went in a flash! And this is where everyone is going to know that mom has early signs of alzheimers! And boy do I feel toooopid!! Here we have this important 12th birthday for Alex in which he got ordained into the Priesthood as a deacon. Hence...the REASON grandpa and grandma came in the first place. HOWEVER...did mom, in all the hectic crazy of a Sunday morning, remember to get out the camera and get any pictures of everyone in their church duds? And most importantly...ALEX? Uuuuhh NO! Can we all say....."DOH!!?"
I'll tell you what....someone better invent a fanny pack for camera's and SOON! I gonna need one of those!!

But even without some formal pictures to prove it, it was a very special day! And Alex really appreciated the sacrifice that grandpa and grandma made to come celebrate him receiving the Aaronic Priesthood. (Even IF mom is a little slow on the uptake and forgot to take the key pictures of the event)


It's always been so heartwarming to me to see how Grandpa and Grandma Hunt ALWAYS take the time to celebrate their time with all the grandchildren. They are always interested in what the kids are all doing and take the time to travel to all the important events and encourage the positive elements in our lives. I'm sure that I speak for all the Hunt siblings when I say that it means a lot to us to know that the grandchildren have 2 wonderful examples to look up to. And when it is all said and done, each of them will have a line of posterity that they can hold dear!

After church and some quick left over soup, grandma and grandpa were off! It's a long trip back home.

Bye Bye .....WE LOVE YOU!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good looking family you have. Such a handsome, fun grandpa and a beautiful, and yes I must agree HIP grandma. We're so proud of Al! He's growing up so fast. They all are!
Give them hugs from Aunty. And tell Thelma to drop me a line once in a while.