Monday, October 09, 2006

A Weekend Of Potpourri

On Friday it rained like no other. I had to experiment with our new camera and was most excited to get out there on our entry way and capture the rain. It was so pretty to watch and it made my day. The smell in the air and the thunder and lightening was very invigorating.

This is just another shot...not zoomed in.

Then after school, I put Alex to work sweeping the rocks back into the landscaping. Lanie seems to find it entertaining to grab handfuls of rocks and toss them all over.

As usual, we had some "extras" hanging out. Which is the norm around here as we've said before. You all should remember Jeremy from our webcam. And this is Shawny. Her mom is Suzie and they live here in our neighborhood. We've gotten to know them pretty well since we've moved here and we have a blast hangin out.

So we continue with our Friday fun:
What you can't see because SOMEHOW...I HAVE ACCIDENTALLY VANISHED THE PHOTOS TO WITNESS THE EVENT!! shucks!!
..... be patient as I am still learning to operate the new toy :o) .....

Our ward swim party and barbecue was on friday night. So Suzie (Shawny's mom) and I decided to go. Of course I had to pick up extra boys on the way and after some yummy burgers, the kids swam....and swam....and swam, while we managed to get in some good conversation. It was tons of fun and I took LOTS of pictures of the kids swimming but......... (me crying) THEY ARE NO LONGER TO BE FOUND!! WAAAAH!!
(sorry people, I promise it really happened)

THEN.........
On Saturday night, Suzie and I thought it would be fun to catch some crab (well not literally...just go eat it), so I convinced Alex to babysit and do his good deed for the week. Daddy's in Texas again and Kyle was off hanging with friends so Alex caught the default. lol It was nice to get out and have some adult conversation and eat yummy food in the process.

---------------------------------

On Sunday, after church and dinner the kids and I were outside hanging out. We had to take some pictures of the cloudy sky. It was so awesome!!

This one is my favorite!



After we wound down for the night

Toot had to come and say goodnight one of the multiple times after they were put in bed. I was so happy to see this cute face right before I went to sleep. I think I'll keep her!

1 comment:

tinkadit said...

hey you... about the losing the pics... don't feel bad. I did the same thing, only I had just been to Disneyworld and lost over a hundred pics I had taken.... btw, a little advice... NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER hit the "Format" button when you have pics on the card.... that is a big no no..... that is why I cry at night thinking about the really cool pic I had of Mike and Sully from "Monsters Inc."... guess I'll have to get down there again to repeat all the ones I lost! lol.