On Friday night, Baylee accompanied me to Cedar City to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform a MOST MARVELOUS, UPLIFTING, INSPIRING, WONDERFUL, MOVING, I WAS AWE-STRUCK concert!!I was so moved that I found myself in tears. If you think they sound good on tv....WAIT until you're in the same room! My nose tingles as we speak, just thinking about how moving and inspiring it was to hear those beautiful angelic voices. I found myself closing my eyes a couple of times and wondered if that is what Heaven sounds like.
I purchased the tickets several months ago and expected to arrive and find our "reserved" seats very easily. Upon looking stumped to an usher, he informed me that "Everyone has been confused all night. And the tickets are just General Admission. You can sit anywhere you like."
"Huh?" I said. "So there are NO seats 3377 & 78? "No." he said. "Hmm, I'm glad we got here 40 minutes early." So, as we searched through the large sea of people we found 2 great seats.
It's times like this when ya wish ya had a paparazi lens! And WAY better photography skills.However some close-up shots I can handle like the following, when Baylee ran out to get a drink and came back with a surprise bag of sours.
When she came back she said that a nice strange man gave her 75 cents. I guess standing at a vending machine looking like a starving puppy paid off. Hmmm....I should have (A) either reminded her of our many talks about accepting things from strangers and running like $&@#! or (B) fed her BEFORE we left.
It truly was such a moving experience for me and a very appreciated suggestion!!Baylee's favorite songs were, and I quote: "The bell song & the clapping song." She had a blast and hopefully will hold a wonderful memory in her heart.
So by the time it was over we were starved! So appearing to be the only thing opened after 10 at night, we decided to try "Taco Time". (and by the way..I don't recommend it)On the way home, Bay fell asleep in the back and I had a long //ponderous// very rainy drive home.
We will not soon forget this AMAZING mommy/daughter date!
1 comment:
what a fun date you both had. That is great you take time out of your busy schedule to take turns to go on dates with each one of your kids. You are awesome.
See you this weeked we hope anyway we are trying. love Mom
Post a Comment