Thursday, September 28, 2006

You have to see it to believe it!

Well, last Friday was a normal day around here. While the 3 older kids were away at school Toot and I did our normal routine, intermixed with some errands, picking up the kids when school was finished and then entertaining the 'friends' that always hang out here.

We got Kyle off to his overnight camp out with the Boy Scouts, and figured that our lives would presume as "normal" ha ha! Now really people!! WHAT is normal? As I returned to our neighborhood after dropping Kyle off, I stopped to see what Baylee was up to at our friends home. I was greeted with an ADORABLE cheesy grin.
"What in the world??!!" She chipped that sucker RIGHT OFF!! We could turn this into a contest to see who guesses right on how this happened, but (maybe we'll just let the guesses circle around the blank air in which our blog appears)
Baylee ran into the handle of a lawnmower. I guess we know what professional's office we'll be spending a lot of time in, in the near future eh?

--------------------------

So.......as it was Friday night, Alex had some friends over messing around and we were having a good time. I received a phone call at about 9:45 pm and it was DeAnna, my friend. "Hi, it's DeAnna" she said. "Ummm, I think you should come over and bring Alex because there's something I need to show you." she said.
So we sent all the "extra's" home and away we went at 10 p.m. to find out what our next drama would consist of.

Hence...... the following weekend headline:


OPERATION ALEX BIKE DESTRUCTION:




















These photos are the evidence of some very "bored" young boys.



Well actually, would "idiots" be a more appropriate word??

THIS IS ALEX'S BIKE BUT.....HE DID NOT DO THIS!! ...........maybe next time he won't leave his bike there for a week eh?

This is the work of DeAnna's 14 year old son and 2 of his friends. It seems that baseball bats are used for more than just hitting balls!

I mean come on, what's a friendship between two women with adolescent boys, without some stupidity to conquer?? SO, after a loooooong discussion and 3 boys getting grounded for WEEKS AND WEEKS with no allowance or AAAAAAANYTHING FUN!! They will begin to rebuild this bike, replacing all the parts (which include breaks/rims/pedals, etc.) This plan to hopefully instill some deep thought processes within some dumb boys. lol I will spare you all the details. lol Oh my....isn't life grand?

The night ended peacefully as we stayed to "visit" and before we knew it, it was 1 a.m. and the kids were all sound asleep on her couch. Gee it's nice when mom gets a breather.

**************************


On Saturday, as daddy was still stranded in Texas, we awoke with our normal routine imbedded in our minds. We would fill our morning with CHORES......bedroom scramble (that's code for picking up the clutter), sweeping, mopping, loading the dishwasher, vacuuming, washing clothes, and all other tasks as now constituted.

Once our chores were complete, the day's hours began to be filled with HIPPITY HOPPING EXCITEMENT. Of course to keep up with the tradition around here, our home became the "catch all" for any stranded children around the community. There was never a dull moment as kids were 'in and out' going from hither to tither.

Kyle was still away at his overnight camp out with the boy scouts, but THAT didn't seem to stop any sort of chaos.
The hours flew by and before we knew it it was time for MOM to finally get a break! Oh my gosh.....TWO (2) breathers in ONE weekend? YAY......something soothing to break up the manotony around the den.
Would she FINALLY get a much needed night out? Would the younger son show up on time to babysit like she had planned? So, as expected, he showed up. With 3 friends to keep the excitement going until she left (as IF we ever need anything extra...lol) So before we knew it, mom was ready to go and with a swift chasing out the door to some extra kids, OFF she went to meet a friend at the General Women's Broadcast/Dinner, and a Walmart scavenger hunt....lol


Although it still remains true to the motto: "There are friends......and then there are FRIENDS"
.....in all the search, NOTHING COMPARES!!!


And finally I leave you with this weeks food for thought which struck a cord within me:

"There can be tremendous growth and happiness when we come to understand that our broken dreams do not define who we are, but rather can refine who we are meant to be."
.......... Sharon Larsen

3 comments:

The Hunts said...

Ho Humdy dum........(whistle whistle)
(snorting) ZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZ
diddly doo..ho humdy dum zzzzzz

tinkadit said...

Uh oh....looks like someone gets to sit in the dentist's chair for awhile. It looks like a simple little bonding, though.... unless she develops an abcess from the truama which will mean, do I dare say???, root canal and crown... but since she is still pretty young, it is likely she will only have to have some bonding for now.
Kids are expensive, aren't they???

As for the demolition job on the bike.... well, 14 year olds are unable to think with the brains God gave them, so I guess they'll just have to face the music, and hopefully not feel tempted to repeat the offense...... which is very questionable ! lol....

Anonymous said...

Well Baily looks like you like to do what your Dad did when he was young. be more careful ok I love you. Alex what can I say other than make sure your things are home and not laying around for someone else to take care of. Love ya I love all of you sorry I haven't responded but I have spent every free minute making xmas and Sibu I don't have a lot of time. right now it is 12:40 AM Sunday.