We were in the last 3 days of our moving time and everyone was getting pretty tired of stepping around boxes. Since it was Saturday, dad was home to help and boy was I glad. It turned out to be a very productive ha
rmonious weekend considering all the stresses included in our life at that point in time. As I sat in front of my computer (my 2nd favorite place), I heard a voice coming from the back of the house. "HONEY..you might want to come and check this out!", daddy said.
And with the tone of his voice,Iwondered if it would be something dramatic. As I completed my trek to the master bathroom with curious apprehension, there all over the mirror was a masterpiece created that only a 3 yr. old could come up with. Of course 13, 10, or even 7 years ago, I would have possibly flipped over an artwork like that...especially when I took a look at the little one who was way more covered herself in that beautiful shade of lusciuos beauty enhancer! But, how could something so innocent and curious and able to unzip a makeup case, take a beating for that? After all, it's only replaceable! So, of course I had to drag her out to the webcam and get some proof of all the fun. So, as you can see.....she's looking a little nervous in her closeup shot. Maybe she thinks she's still gonna get that beating. lol
Here's a view of my mangled lipstick. I'm actually surprised that it wasn't in worse shape than it appears. Guess I got lucky.
Now the drama with the little one isn't quite over. As the next day came, (as if she didn't get into enough mischief with mom's lipstick), I hear my name being called again! This time, I was in my bedroom and the panicked, gruff, stressed, I need mom for this one voice, came from the living room. "OH NO...what THIS time?", I thought. As I came around the corner, boy was I surprised! I could see why dad's voice made the day before's cry for mom seem like NUTTIN! Lanie ha
d ventured out to that shiny irresistable truck while the rest of us prepared to get ready for church. I wonder what she was thinking as she started to smear all that truck grease on her hands? And again, I had to march her to the webcam and get proof once again. I told her to hold her hands up so that we could all see just how thick that stuff was. She really managed to get that grease pretty thick onto those little hands. So with a quick Google search, of "how to remove auto grease from your skin" we got it off. Well most of it.
She sported a little under her fingernails (what we couldn't quite get out yet) and I sure hope that the nursery leaders at church didn't notice. We'll probably look back on this story in 10 years with even more laughter than we do now. Aren't kids creative?
2 comments:
It's the friend who calls you up at 1:00am just to hear your voice(??),that makes your heart smile! And the friend who welcomes it ANY TIME NO MATTER WHEN,that does too. Never under-estimate the depth of a friendship like that.
Oh Lanie
You are so beautiful with your make up. What a quitie. I love you and miss you.
Post a Comment