Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rainy Weekend

Last weekend we decided to bake some banana bread so that we could put our 'brown' banana's to good use. We got out all of our bread pans and away we went. The girls were anxious to help out.


Here's big sis getting all the banana's smashed up while Toot goofs off. It was pretty fun....just us girls hanging out baking while the guys were off doing their thing. We didn't snap any pictures of the finished result but trust me it was yummy!!



On Sunday it was a little gloomy. It was cold, blustery and rainy. I was in a hanging out mood like NO other and wanted to just lounge around and hang with a close pal. We thought it would be fun to invite some friends over to just chill together while the weather stifled any outside action. So I called our friends up the street and they already had plans to have the sister missionaries over for dinner, but invited us to join in. I felt a little awkward at first but my friend Adina insisted that we come join them for some yummy ham, potatoes, corn and croissants. We decided to contribute some food for the occasion, so I whipped up a salad and brought it along. OH was dinner delic!! That gal can cook up some yummy grub. It was kind of fun getting to visit with the missionaries. And every time I do, I start to feel very sentimental as memories of my own mission surface in my mind.

Here's Adina and the missionaries getting ready to dish up some cake!


The guys sure enjoyed their dinner as they visited.


Us mom's enjoyed visiting too.


While the boys hid out in the bedroom playing video games, the girls were lovin the attention they got from all the dogs.

Bay was pretty scared of the dogs the first couple of visits to their house, but now she loves to play with them and is none too scared now!


Toot managed to get a few kisses.

A cold and rainy day doesn't always have to be gloomy. We sure had a fun time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really awsome having friends that can come over and play with us last minute. We really enjoy your company. The Jensens