Friday after school our family went on a little fishing outing. I thought that dad was just going to take the boys out but when he asked so matter of factly if I was gonna come with, I decided "what the hey!" The weather was beautiful with a slight breeze blowing and as school gets out early on Friday's ........we just decided to make it a whole family event.Once we arrived and got the chairs all set up,
Daddy got the line ready for the girls so that they could cast it out and give it a whirl. (I was looking at some old pictures the other day and one things for sure...Daddy doesn't look so young anymore lol) It's a good thing he's still a babe.
Kyle prepared his line while Al waited to use the bench.
We took some bread with us to feed the ducks and the girls took the task very seriously!
This duck ate the bread right out of Lane's hand.
Lane couldn't get enough. She loved watching them. She kept saying, "Come here YOU! Hey YOU come here!" It was hilarious.
Alex patiently waited for some bites.
I just think this is kind of a cool picture with the ducks on their way over to get some more bread.
Dad's getting down to business.
Kyle is quite the fisherman. He comes to this particular pond often with cousin Joe and brings home some big ones to eat. And by the way....I'm proud of him. He's growing up to be a fine young man.***** Sorry no pic's of mom. I was BEHIND the camera *****
So here's Lane fishing by herself. She was really enjoying it. Listen to this funny little story.A few minutes after she began fishing, she started to get a little bored and kept pulling in the line. Kyle kept telling her to stop and just be patient. She did this a few more times, as Kyle reminded her again to stop. Then a couple of minutes later, we heard her say......"Hey somethings pulling on it! It's pulling!" Kyle responded. "No there's not! You just want to pull on the line again!" So I looked over there and saw the line being tugged from IN the water. I said, "Nuh uh, that things being pulled, LOOK A DAT!!" Kyle looked over and sure enough, she was getting a bite on that line and hooked it! We all got excited and ran over to help her reel it in.
She was most excited about this!
This is a priceless expression of the excitement of a child!!So WALA:
Not only was the 3 yr old the ONLY one who caught a fish.....this was her very first time EVER to go fishing. And look how huge it is! Go Alayna!Is this beginners luck or does she just plain have the knack at this fishing thing?
I vote (B)
Back at home.............

1 comment:
What a fun day hey lanee when we come to visit will teach Grandma & Grandpa how to fish it looks like we need to take lessons.Love you guys keep building memories
Post a Comment