Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The River Is Where It's At!

On Monday evening we were in possession of our good friends' 4 wheeler. Kyle had planned on going to the river with it to burn rubber out in the sand fields but upon dad's admonition to "wait till I get home son" it ended up being a family event. That idea didn't seem to bother us girls as we met them "in a few" to see how much fun we could muster up too.
Dad had his turn at running the river and making himself quite popular pulling the teenagers on their skim boards. Left click on this picture to get a closer view of this young lady skimming away!


Some of these guys were so good on their boards and it was so fun to watch. Don't ask me why I didn't get some shots of it.

Alex instructed "Skimboarding 101" to Baylee.


Alayna happily frolicked in the mud!


AND the water

This is the cutest drowned rat I've ever seen.


Once the Skimboarding instruction was complete, the daring student gave it a whirl. The instructor looks on giving some positive reinforcement. I was much impressed with the patience of a big brother.


Baylee was actually quite good at skimboarding. We practically had to drag her out of the river when it was time to come home because she didn't want to stop.


Here comes trouble. He finally got to ride that thing!


The 4 wheeler got a little dirty while we were out, so dad gave it a good bath before returning it. That's one thing I admire about my husband. His motto that I know he learned early in his life. "When you borrow something... you return it in better condition than when you got it!"
Hey Jensen's.....Thank you so much! We had a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun you all look like you are having the time of your life. keep having fun and great activities to remember for a life time wow.